Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Relay For Life - Team Xtreme Fitness

Hi, My name is Randy McCullar Jr.  I am a Relay For Life captain for Team Xtreme Coaches.  I am running in Relay For Life to help the fight to prevent cancer.  We all have family or at least personally know someone who has suffered or died from cancer.  For me it hits a little too close to home.
My mother, Pam, has been fighting brain tumors and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma since I was 10.  She has had Chemo and is at the point where she is not going to except that as a form of treatment any longer.  To date, the brain tumor issue seems to be behind us, but the Lymphoma keeps popping up and it is really taking its toll on her!  Hearing those words, “I will not do Chemo again no matter what” really hit me in the gut.  As upset as I had gotten with her, ultimately I have no clue what she has gone through these 20 years as far as pain and so forth.
As prevalent as cancer is in our society, something needs to be done.  Just looking at some statistics, the SEER report shows over 6.1million cases of cancer documented up to 2007 and another near 425,000 cases reported between 2008-2009.  These cases could be our family and loved ones.
My goal is to raise as much money as possible to aid in the fight against cancer.  My Co-Captain Michelle and I have created a team for Relay For Life to help me do this.  Please help sponsor me for the May 14th. race here in Tracy.  Anything you could donate would help immensely.  Below is the link and information about the team and how to donate to sponsor us and/or join!  This is a 24 hour event so please feel free to stop by and see us!  If cancer doesn’t sleep, then why should we?  Thank you for your time and if you are able to come out and cheer us on, that will be great too!

Event date and Time:
Saturday, May 14th 2011 @ 10:00am

Location:
Tracy High school, Tracy Ca.




Randy McCullar Jr.
Twitter: @RandyFit
Facebook: Facebook
FanPage: Facebook Fan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment