Thursday, September 15, 2011

Supreme Protein Bars...

Ok, so this is a review for Supreme Protein bars that I had inquired about!  I have been on the hunt for healthy snacks that work with my diet.  I am borderline diabetic and a fitness freak, so I am very particular!  Anyways, I received quite a few different flavors in the mail, including Peanut Butter & Jelly, Carmel Nut Chocolate, and Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist to name a few.  I know that they have bars that are 30g of protein, but these in particular are labeled as 15g of protein!  The primary source of the protein is Whey Isolate!  Well, now for the taste test!  Here goes nothing!

Wow!  The Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist is amazing!  It has peanut butter and crushed pretzel all on the outside, seems like a thin layer of carmel and then the protein layer in the middle!  I have tasted many protein bars in my day and nearly all of them tasted like sawdust!  Not this bar!  There is so much going on with this bar, you can barely notice the protein!  D-licious!

Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist
Calories: 210
Ccalories from fat: 80
Total Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 5mg
Sodium: 100mg
Potassium: 110mg
Total Carbs:17g
Sugars: 3g
Protein: 15g


The Peanut Butter and Jelly tastes as close to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as you can get with a protein bar!  You have a layer of peanut butter all the way around the bar, then a strawberry jelly center and of course the protein center which acts as the bread!  Very tasty!


Peanut Butter & Jelly
Calories: 200
Calories from fat: 70
Total Fat: 8g
Cholesterol: 8mg
Sodium: 95mg
Potassium: 110mg
Total Carbs:18g
Sugars: 5g
Protein: 15g

Last but not least, the Carmel Nut Chocolate is great for chocolate lovers!!!  (My wife loves this one.  Chocolate, carmel, and peanuts are her 3 favorites!)  You have chocolate and nuts all the way around the outside, then a layer of carmel atop the protein center!

Carmel Nut Chocolate

Calories: 200
Calories from fat: 70
Total Fat: 8g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 150mg
Potassium: 30mg
Total Carbs:18g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 15g

In closing, these are now one of my 2 favorite protein bars as my other favorites are the P90X protein bars!  A review on those will be coming soon!  (Lots to review these days!)  One complaint that I have about these bars would be that you really need to keep them in a cool place!  This seems more true than any other bars I've tried!  If not, good luck getting the delicious contents of the package out of it's wrapper!  After mine melted on the way to work, I stuck it in the fridge for a bit and all was good!  These bars earned a thumbs up from me!

Stay Tuned for a free give-a-way!

No comments:

Post a Comment